The temple for Sri. Navaneetha Krishna Swamy is situated in North Masi Street in Madurai. This was built in small size by the king Thirumalai Naicker who lived from 1623 to 1659. Later this temple was completed only during this century, and the Kumbabisekam (sacred pouring of water on pot like structure of the temple) was performed in 1949. The enire sanctum sanctorum of the Sannidhi was built by granite stones in 1909 A.D.
The walls of the sanctum sanctorum is full of sculptural works. The bottom side of the tower is rich in workmanship. There are 12 stone pillars in this Mandapam. The constructions of Athithanam, Pedam etc belong to this century. It is amazingly artistic to see the stone Elephants standing on both sides of the door steps of the temple.